On August 29, PDD and IOM, on behalf of a large group of human mobility…
On March 22, the Loss and Damage Collaboration and PDD jointly convened the 2nd call of the Loss and Damage and the Challenges of Human Mobility and Displacement Working Group. The Group attempts to bring together experts working on Loss and Damage and Human Mobility to share experiences and work towards common advocacy objectives.
The call was attended by more than 40 participants and focused on the following topics:
- Overview of L&D and Displacement timelines and key work in processes in 2023;
- Current engagements under the TFD Plan of Action;
- Priority commitments for the group;
- Exchange of practices and experiences;
- Development of common advocacy messages.
The slide show that was used to facilitate the webinar is available here, and includes overviews of the L&D and Human Mobility processes happening in 2023, with some coverage of additional processes (DRR, UNSG etc.).
Key materials that were shared during the call include:
- An analysis of Mobility in the IPCC synthesis report.
- Climate displacement in African cities.
- This year’s UNU Climate Academy which will focus on Planned Relocation in the context of climate change.
- The inaugural conference of the Climate and Environmental Mobility Network in Vienna
- Journal article (open access) on integrating human mobility in NAPs and NDCs.
- New publication from ACT Alliance and Bread for the World.
- IDMC’s work on the socioeconomic impacts of internal-displacement and on accessing education for IDPS.
Please contact us if you are interested to participate in the calls of the working group.
Download the PDD Advisory Committe Loss & Damage Report
PDD’s Advocacy work on Loss & Damage